Climate & Agronomic Data Scientist
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources.
Data Scientist | Systems Analyst Fellow
Formlabs is a 3D printing technology developer and manufacturer specialized in making desktop stereolithography printers.
• Examined data warehouse for data properties and quality issues as well as missed opportunities.
• Surveyed business stakeholders to deconstruct common business reporting, metrics, and key performance indicators.
• Wrote a “State of Data” report and executive-level presentation which highlights best-performing areas as well as concrete recommendations and prioritized strategy to improve existing processes and metrics. Including best strategy for leveraging behavior data to customer clustering.
• Predicted 3D printer failure with cascaded gradient boosted decision trees for my summer data science practicum.
• Used customer behavior data to improve understanding of life time value for financial planning and analysis office.
• Found discrepancies between different data sources for sales data and reconciled them with a new engineered view.
2015 - 2017Shuflix
Head of Product Development | Co-Founder
Shuflix is a search engine that combines the power of cloud computing with principles in decision-making science to efficiently expose users to new places and events around them.
• Built entire engine using big data cloud infrastructure and machine learning techniques to assist decision making that managed to become the 2nd largest search engine for places and events offering 4.5 million items/day
• Incubated for 2 terms at Harvard Innovation Lab, and 1 term at Yale Entrepreneurial Institute where acquired many business, startup, project management and design thinking skills
• Finalist at Harvard President's Innovation Challenge 2017, Harvard's most prestigious business competition
2013 - 2016Winning Poker Network
WPN is a 17-year old company that manages many brands in the online gaming industries including Americas Card Room, now the 4th largest online poker room in the world.
• Installed and monitored a statistics engine to display sales funnel and other data to inform new marketing plans, HR policies, development and business strategies which helped grow company during my tenure.
• Developed automated reporting system that gathered the team’s work progress metrics and website statistics to alert stakeholders about project statuses and priorities reducing up to 2 hours/day in manual work.
• Designed and implemented new software deployment; as a result, testing and monitoring procedures were reduced from hours to minutes despite the introduction of new tiers of approval from management.
• Led a team to expedite all website project requests and correct bug fixes with custom-built tools.
2011 - 2013SafeT, Inc
Mobile App Developer | Client-Side Architect
SafeT was a personal command center that assists users in any type of emergency through real-time coordination with large datasets of current events, social networks and medical networks.
• Programmed the client side for both Android & iOS.
• Trained and mentored a junior programmer.
Product & Brand Developer | Founder
T++ was the first bubble tea shop in Costa Rica, focused on local innovative flavors, art and community outreach.
• Introduced product successfully to the country where 2 locations opened within first year and was featured on national news media frequently.
• Leveraged customer behavior with sales analytics and loyalty program and social media analytics to increase monthly sales and brand awareness.
• Created a hub for emerging artists to showcase and sell their fine art. Several are now well known in the country.
2009-2011Global Gaming Labs
Project Manager | Online Marketing Consultant
• Devised production of audiovisual and web marketing materials to improve sales and promote the products.
• Performed digital marketing campaigns management and analytics for partners and clients.
Director of Web Development
SIDI was a large call center that operating a dozen sports betting brands including Justbet and Guardian Guarantee.
• Integrated and maintained a fully automated Customer Relationship Management system that was used by all sales and customer service agents that featured sophisticated workflows and VoIP integration with custom-built modules.
• Performed ETL regularly on purchased datasets for mass mailing and other marketing initiatives.
• Analyzed web stats in relation to CRM metrics and financials on a regular basis to derive business insights.
• Led a team to transition in record time from one costly and ineffective software platform, whose license was about to expire, to another platform allowing the company to save millions of dollars and to continue operations.
C# Software Developer
Outcoding is a nearshore outsourcing company.
• Developed in-house reporting, customer service and game importing systems for a back-office system in use for several sportsbooks
• Designed and implemented an interface module that tied different components designed by other team members.
2002, WinterArtech Digital Entertainment
Web Developer | Project Manager
The, now-defunct, Nomatik.com began operations in October, 2001. It was an events collaboration site. Members would use built-in email, chat, forum and event listing functionality to share and comment about electronic music events (raves) worldwide. It was innovative because was built entirely in Flash – which was a huge challenge back then – and was one of the first user-generated sites in the event space.
• Developed the web-mail interface and events collaboration modules from scratch
• Integrated pre-existing forum and chat components.
• Designed and Implemented a large scale web-scraping operation to gather content from events from other sites using automated cronjobs and ETL.
Although the startup got hundreds of thousands of signups, it failed to monetize in time and had to shut down. However, due to the innovative nature of this project, we were invited to speak in a small conference in Prague in August, 2003.
2019Illinois Institute of Technology
Master’s in Data Science
Relevant coursework: Deep Learning, Statistical Learning, Computer Vision, Big Data Technologies, Applied Statistics, Data Preparation and Analysis, Machine Learning in Finance
2009Latin American University for Science And Technology
BS in Computer Science Engineering
Relevant Coursework: Probability and Statistics, Discrete Mathematics, Calculus for Engineering, Data Structures, Numerical Methods, Quality and Risk Assesment, Analysis and Design of Systems I & II, Databases, Programming I-VI, Financial Engineering, Operations Research I & II, Industrial Accounting, Teleinformatics I & II